That's great! If you are a health and wellness provider that wants to list your services on SproutStep, follow the steps below:
Create an Account - Get An Invitation Code
- To ensure you have the appropriate qualifications to list your services on the SproutStep, please send us proof / images of your degrees, certifications, or licenses. You can upload them to the SproutStep Dropbox (click here) or email them to email@example.com. If you upload them to Dropbox, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we have your email address and can provide you with the information to create an account on SproutStep.
- After we have reviewed your documents, you will receive an email inviting you to create a SproutStep account.
Create Your Listing
- Login to SproutStep (click here) and click on “+ Post your service” button in the top right.
- Choose a category for your service.
- Complete all of the fields for your service listing (All of these fields are required to have your listing approved)
- Price - Click here for ideas about pricing your service
- Detailed description of your service, including your professional qualifications
- Location, if in person (optional)
- Check whether the service is virtual or in person
- Upload images for your listing
- Input your availability. All services are per hour. If your services are shorter or longer than one hour, include that in your service description. When you input availability, the system designates the individual hours between your start and end time as available. For example, if your start time is 9:00am and end time is 11:00am, then clients will see that you are available from 9:00am to 10:00am and 10:00am to 11:00am. If you need gaps in your availability, press the “+ Add another time slot” to input multiple time blocks.
- Complete your profile. Click on the silhouette and “edit profile”. Input more information about you and add a profile picture (required).
- Configure your payment settings: We utilize PayPal and Stripe encrypted payment processing software to handle all payments. All credit card and direct deposit information is hosted on PayPal or Stripe servers respectively. No one at SproutStep can access any of this information. All transactions are completed through PayPal and Stripe servers. Clients will not be able to book your services until this is completed. You will have an alert at the top of your page or you can reach this section by hovering over your picture in the top right and click on “Settings” and then “Payments” in the left menu. For more information about PayPal and Stripe, please visit https://www.paypal.com/ and https://stripe.com/.
- Complete and send us a W-9 form. We are required by the IRS to obtain this document in order to file your earnings and provide you with a 1099 at the end of the year. Click here to fill out W-9. Click here to upload W-9.
Note: Some web browsers will not save the information when you complete the pdf online and download it. If this happens to you, we recommend trying a different web browser, downloading it and filling it out on your computer, or printing it out and filling it out with pen.
- Complete and pay $8 for a background check through our partner PeopleTrail. Click here to start your background check.
After each of the items above are completed, we will approve your listing and it will go live on SproutStep!
Best practices for attracting more customers on SproutStep
- Engaging pictures. Include great pictures for your listing and profile picture. If you need pictures, you can find royalty free pictures from Unsplash.com, Pexels.com, or Pixabay.com
- Compelling description. Write about your services, your professional or personal background, and qualifications. Customers want to know more about you and what your services include.
- Positive reviews. Prospective clients like to book providers who already have reviews. You can have a few of your current clients book your services on SproutStep and then rate you positively to increase your rating.
- Share your listing. Share your service listing on social media, your website or blog, and to friends and family to broaden awareness of your service, obtain initial reviews, and because the more websites that link to your listing makes search engines like Google and Bing prioritize your service listing and make it easier to find.